To learn one or all of the curriculum goals below
- To debate and reflect on various sides of multicultural societies in the English-speaking world.
- To and reflect and debate how cultural differences and different values can influence communication.
- Discuss international and global challenges
- Students should decide on how they want to work and group accordingly, suggestions: groups of 2,3 or 4 og alone
- Students should decide on how many of the curriculum goals above they want to work with 1,2 or all 3
- Students should decide on how to document sufficient knowledge to pass these particular curriculum goals, suggestions: write on blog, make a test for fellow students, make a presentation, Photostory, video, podcast, animation
- Students should structure their work by deciding on questions to answer and topics to cover
- Watch the Movie Invictus – see trailer video here.
- Awesome stories about Mandela
- More background info about Nelson Mandela here.
- Tourists flock to Mandela’s prison
- Larry Ferlazzo’s best sites for learning about Nelson Mandela
- Rugby in South Africa
- BBC news -Mandela is a free man
- Nelson Mandela
- NOBEL PEACE PRIZE LAUREATES from South Arfrica + this page with Nelson Mandela
- Robben Island
- Poem read by Nelson Mandela in the movie Invictus
- Official languages of South Africa
- Map of Africa using zoom.it to see the size of Africa compared to the rest of the world